This is the webpage of Michael Murtaugh. Some related organisations and places I contribute to:
and elsewhere on... twitter, gitlab, vimeo, linkedin, academia.edu, flickr, ML1996 (oldskool).
There are many Michael Murtaugh's in the world and while we share some features, each of us is in fact unique. For instance, while it could be said that I on occasion enjoy "listening to country and western music", I'd have scant advice for those robbed at gunpoint. While I too am driven to discover, I have as yet never "established an oral immunization model for the induction of mucosal immune responses in swine". And while I also enjoy photography, I imagine I have decidedly less fashion sense than this Michael.
⇒ CURRENT writing / notes / code
Feel free to contact me at mm @ automatist.org.
- Vandalist Iconophilia, with Ellef Prestsæter, Matthew Fuller, Nicolas Malevé, Concreta 05, Spring
- Archiving the Data-body: human and nonhuman agency in the documents of Kurenniemi with Geoff Cox, and Nicolas Malevé. in Writing and Unwriting (Media) Art History, edited by Joasia Krysa and Jussi Parikka, MIT Press, 2015 [WIKI DRAFT] review
- Eleven Orderings in Report from the Gutenberg Galaxy at Blaker #1
- Do (not) Repeat Yourself in Fun and Software: Exploring Pleasure, Paradox and Pain in Computing, edited by Olga Goriunova, Bloomsbury Publishing, 2014. [PDF] + new HTML edition from freeze.sh
- Interaction in Software Studies: A Lexicon, edited by Matthew Fuller, MIT Press, 2008.
- The Automatist Storytelling System: putting the editor's knowledge in software, Masters Thesis, MIT, 1996.
Directories & links
- an ever outdated CV
- useful (for me at least) links
- snapshots made while travelling the interweb
- photos (raw)
- photos (in yet-another-gallery)